Tuesday, December 05, 2006

7474 Manifold Cover Re-Loaded

Yeah, I know what you going to say. Didn't he sprayed the manifold cover before this. Yes I did!! But I used the wrong type of paint. Since the manifold cover is so hot the can spray paint just couldn't withstand the heat, as a result the print started to crack and eventually peelled off.

After my visit to the ACE hardware. I decided to get a spray paint that can withstand extreme heat. Got holg of this stove paint, it's matt black colour and able to withstand up to 1200 degrees Fahrenheit. Now that's hot!! Got it for RM: 29.00 it's kind of expansive but I guess it's worth it. After looking at the results.


Engine bay before - Manifold cover in a pathetic state


Engine bay after - Using normal spray can (Notice the paint started to crack)


Engine bay now - Matt black finish looks way much better


Latest Engine Bay - another angle of the manifold cover

The spraying part was easy but sanding the old paint off was a pain in the ass. It took me almost 1and half hours just to get rid of the old paint. Anyway, I think for all the trouble I went through, it turn out to be nice. I'm quite happy with the results.

Damaged :

1). High temp spray can (Ace Hardware) - RM: 29
2). Sand paper (Ace Hardware) - RM: 2
3). Spray holder (Ace Hardware) - RM: 9.90

Total: RM:40.90

No comments: