Thursday, December 28, 2006

7474 Battery Relocation

Since the battery relocation kit was already in placed. It's time for me to relocate the battery to the rear. I guess , the first question running through your mind would be why the heck you need to relocate your battery? There must a good reason right. It's not all about looks.

1). It gives the car batter balance ~

The battery was located on the left hand side and so does the gearbox. What it does is add more weight to one side of the car. with the battery out of the way it lighten the load. The battery might not weight much but it does makes a difference.

2). More space ~

Originally the battery is located right behind front left headlamp. Since I have changed the route of the air-ram to the turbo inlet. The battery had to be relocated to the back a bit. As a result we have less space.

3). Neater engine bay ~

With the current set-up it does look kind of messy especially with all those wires dangling. Since this is not the factory set-up we had to do some modifications or adjustment to the way the battery mounting location. It's actually tilted a bit to the right side. It a sight for sore eyes. At least I've tolerate it thus far.



Battery out of the bracket


Ah Lek hard at work


Battery in the box ; Got myself a battery terminal protector as well.


The bracket is out (Noticed all the dirt & grime collected underneath and behind the bracket)


Before: Battery in the engines bay


After : Battery out of the engine of the bay (Side View)


After : Battery out of the engine of the bay (Front View)


I've approached N1 Racing for the battery relocation. Since I've already have my battery relocation kit set-up for this. They only charge me for the audio cable and labour. So for those who wanted to relocate their battery, my advice is to have the bracket or get the battery relocation kit before hand. It will make life easier for your mechanics and you can also cuts down the time by half.

The work was done by one of N1 wireman his name is Ah Lek. I am very impress with his work. It's a neat work. The work isn't as simple as it sounds. Actually it's quite difficult. It took about 3 and half hours to be completed and the results as shown below.



Close-up : All cleaned up

Since the battery is out of the way, now I guess would be the best time to proceed with my next fabrication work. This time will be for the air- filter box or heat shield.

Damaged :

1). Battery relocation ~ RM: 150 (N1 Racing)

No comments: