Tuesday, December 26, 2006

7474 Boot Board project

The rear board is actually just a board inside the rear boot. I've been toying with the idea of changing it to custom board since I got the car. Well, the idea came about since I had the same board in my Honda last time and that was actually done by the previous owner of the car (Nazlee).

The stock board is rather flimsy. It's quite troublesome, especially when you wanted to take out or check your spare tyre. The other advantage of having the custom board is that it's quite thick and it could support loads like Subwoofer. In my case would be my battery relocation kit project.

Stock rear board set-up (one piece of plywood with carpet)


Without the board


Easy access to the spare tyres


Completed rear board

The shop is located actually located besides AMOIL(now known as JC Racing). Sorry I can't recall the name of the shop. I had approached them ealier and asked them whether they can fabricate the rear boot board for the Evo. They answer to my question was yes. Since my battery relocation project is in motion, the next thing to do would be to finish up the rear board project soonest possible.

The work actually took almost 4 hours to be complete. The work may sound easy but it's actually a lot of hard work. A lot of fitting and cutting, like a taylor making a dress. I am very impressed the way it was done and the quality of the work as well.

Since the board is already in place. I guess the next project would be battery relocation kit project and to relocate the battery from the engine bay to the rear boot.

Damaged:

1). Custom boot board ~ RM: 160 (Shop beside JC Racing)

No comments: