Tuesday, November 28, 2006

7474 Hankook RS 2 Tyres + Evo 7 rims

This was another wear and tear items that badly needed a change. It came to a point that it felt like driving on ice. When it rains things could get pretty scary at times, especially when the car twitched. No matter how good you are , when the car skids out of control. Not even Colin Mcrae can come out from it unscathed. Unless lady luck is smilling on you...Hahahha

The choise that I have to make was either to go for standard 225/45/17 or 235/45/17 tyres. I've been like pondering over this for the past couple of months. Since I'm going to change to an after market rims minght as well go for 235/45/17 tyres . Just to let you know that most after rims has a width either 8JJ or 8.5JJ while the stock TME tims is only 7.5JJ. If I used the stock size tyre size., not only it looks wierd. It also causes the tyre wear to be accelarated.

After giving it a good thought I finally came to a decision thanks to Ijud. If it wasn't for his kindness to loan his rims I probably wouldn't be able to change to 235 tyres. The next issue was the looks. everyone knows that TMe comes with a nice enkei rims. I'm not saying Evo 7 rims are ugly. They are nice but it'll be out of place on a TME. But what the heck, since I'm not that rich to actually change everything one shot , guess I just gamble with the Evo 7 rims on a TME then. By the end of the day, it's me whose going to bear all the cost. Fuck what people says.

Got the tyres from this shop in Klang near Jalan Kapar. The price quoted to me earlier was RM: 380 for 225 size and 350 for 235 size. But when I got there that day the price actually went up to RM:480. The guy who quoted me the price actually denied about the earlier quotation. What a bastard. Since I don't have enough cash. I just change the 2 front tyres.

I was fortunate that Ijud's rims still has 2 good tyres. I really got this guy to thank again. Check out the photo with the Evo 7 rims.


With TME rims


With Evo 7 rims





My personel opinion is that the Evo 7 rims makes my car looks wider furthermore due to the pattern of the rims. It gives you the impression that the rims is bigger. But it does looks sout of place. The Evo 7 rims is a conservative design whereby the TME is more like a sporty looks. Anyway, I do have an after market rims in mind. If my budget permits me it'll be WEDSPORT SA-70.

Damaged :

Hankook RS2 (2 tyres) Klang shop ~ RM: 950
Installation ~ Free

No comments: