Wednesday, November 01, 2006

DIY Project : Part 1

Backside been kinda itchy for some DIY project lately. My first project would be to thermo wrap the rubber parts which is exposed to the heat. Especially the ones near the manifold. This idea come about when I saw N1 Racing track car engine bay. My first impression when I saw the engine was.. Man!! That looks cool. Not only that it looks neat but it actually helps to prolong the life of the rubber parts.

Since the thermo wrap cost about RM: 100. I decided to put it on hold. It so happen that my buddy Zoo decided to do it first and one roll is about 20 feet in length. That's very long and you don't really need 20 feet to cover to wrap the rubber parts.. Since there's a lot of extra. Zoo gave me the left over which is like half of it. So I got Zuhaili to thank for this.



Before the Thermo wrap


After thermo wrap : Front view


After thermo wrap : side view


After thermo wrap : Close up


Cost : RM:0

Thanks to Zuhaili for giving me the thermo wrap.


I also removed the heat shield for the hood. It was looking since ugly as it was falling apart. So I decided to remove it. Another item to be remove is the oil catch tank. Firstly, it's a chicken brand. Well, it has that Cusco looks when I first got it. Now, it's looks fugly and it started to leak. So I decided to throw away that away as well. Now the engine bay looks less crowded and neat too.


With out the heatshield

Next would be to paint the manifold cover. That will be in DIY part 2.

No comments: