Saturday, September 15, 2007

7474 Custom Air Box

This is one of the upgrades which is often overlooked by most people when upgrading their air filter to the open pod system. Basically the air box main function is to prevent the air filter from sucking in the hot air within the engine bay. Since we all live in a tropical climate country therefore this upgrades is a must. The answer is simple HOT AIR = LOSE OF HP.

Been wanting to do this for quite a while now. Finally had a chance to do it. Since CP9A model is consider like a dinosaurs in Malaysia and there are not many after market products available. I have no choice but to customise it.

It is a simple design but the only different is I ask the fabricator to make a small window on the top cover so that I can see the air filter. It may sound silly but the window is actually functional.

Since the air filter that I purchased is not the maintenance free type. It has to be check regularly to ensure that it is clean. Once it becomes too dirty it may not work efficiently to filter the dirt from going into the engine.

If I do not a window, I have to unfasten all the bolt in order to take peek at the air filter. So the best solution would be the window.


Air box with the viewing window


Before air-box


After air box


I had the air box made by Ah Yee(Not his real name) of GME in Sungai Buloh. I very happy with workmanship and the end product looks good. Next would be to wrap it with CF look sticker and heat shield in the inside.

Since the project is not completed, Ah Yee decided not to charge me yet. He will only bill me when the work is completed. Next up redo the upper i.c piping.

No comments: