Wednesday, January 03, 2007

7474 With or Without Wings

My first posting for year 2007. Well, I guess most people who doesn't owned an Evo must be wondering about the huge rear spoiler. Does it really work or just for show? I know it works but to what extend. To answer that question and satisfy my curiosity, I decided to to take out the spoiler off just for one night and some how I expected the results to turn out that way.


7474 with rear spoiler




7474 without spoiler

Let us take a look in terms of the overall appearance. This is a tough question for me to answer as it depends on people's personal preference. For me both looks good. With spoiler it looks kinda bulky and muscular. On the other hand without spoiler gives that low and clean looks. But after a while it felt like something is missing from 7474's tail.

Performance wise, the car felt very light at top speed, if you're running on a straight line that is. But try taking corners, the rear felt so loose. I had to make a lot of steering corrections. Almost kind of scary since I'm so used to have a grip tail when taking corners. It's not oversteer but under and over. Now that's scary especially the understeer part. If you release the throttle, then the tail will step out.

So the conclusion is, the wing really works especially for taking corners. So for those who loves taking corners and owned an Evo. Please don't take your spoiler off.

No comments: