Thursday, January 18, 2007

7474 CUSCO Racing Clutch

After months of enduring slipping clutch. I guess it's time for me to change the clutch. I've been scouting and trying to find the best clutch for my TME. The only set-back I encounter is best doesn't come cheap. At first I thought of going for the HKS LA clutch. Had read and got some good review about this clutch. The only problem is it going to cost me like RM:5000 for the clutch inclusive of clutch bearings, labour and gear oil. Man that's like going to burn a huge hole through my wallet. Then I stumble upon this Cusco racing clutch in N1 racing website. Since it's on a stock clearance price. Why the heck not.

Here's the review given by N1 on the clutch :

CUSCO RACING CLUTCH COVER AND DISC (EVO 4-6.5) • Lightweight disc and cover. • Sharp feel and response. LIGHTWEIGHT Cutting edge thin clutch disc enables sharp response and feel. By developing the clutch disc and clutch cover as a set, we aimed for ultimate thinness and lightness. Controlling inertia and shortening the synchro timing enables swift gear shifts. PRESSURE High strength at high revs The reinforced clutch cover is capable of approximately 1000kg/f (depending on the car to a degree). The set development bore a good match for a powerful transmission. STRENGTH & DURABILITY Strong enough to withstand all tough clutch treatment Ultimately thin, heat resistant and durable, the pressure plates of the clutch disc and cover have increased strength. The strap plate that connects the pressure plate and clutch cover has also been greatly reinforced. USE Easy pedal effort with upgraded contact pressure. The turnover type has been used for a lighter clutch with a heavy rate clutch cover. The light clutch enables easy maneuvered without the feel of a high contact pressure. BALANCED A lighter disc and cover set developed *The rocket clutch and rocket clutch cover should be used as a set.

Check out the condition of my old stock clutch. It's in appalling condition. No wonder my clutch is slipping like nobody's business.



Stock Clutch





CUSCO Rocket Clutch



So far I've been running in the clutch for the past 2 days. Still too early to give a full review. The only noticeable difference between the stock and this racing clutch is that the judder especially when releasing the pedal on first gear. The clutch pedal feels is just nice for me. Just a lilttle stiffer compare to the stock clutch. I was expecting it since it is a racing clutch. The pedal feel and judder, brings me back to the time I was drving my Honda.

Damage:

1). Clutch cover & Disc ~ RM:1400 (N1 Racing)
2). Labour ~ RM: 260 (N1 Racing) Normal price : RM: 300
3). Gear oil ~ RM:730 (N1 Racing) Normal price : RM:800

No comments: