Saturday, October 28, 2006

Ma Rides.. Pt 5

The search for my Evo continues.. I came across Ari's add in one of the local Motorsport's forum called Zerotohundred. I must say when I first saw the car pictures it was like love at first sight. Well, for start it's black and that's like one of my favourite colour. Secondly it's stock. Since Ari is quite well known in the drag scene community. It's easire to find out more about the car history and background of the seller.


The first look at TME7474


Engine Bay


TME 7474 interior

The car comes withDefi Boost meter, TIEN Ha Coilovers, HKS twin plate, Smaco radiator hoses, Double Din & Blitz Super sound BOV.

Nothing much to shout about since it's a stock car anyway. To cut the story short. The car now belongs to me. This was way back in 2005. It was a fun car to drive the G's you get from the acceleration is nothing compare to an N/A car. Love the sound of the BOV too. The handling is also phenomenal. It's like the car is riding on a rail whn taking corners. It's something that you need to experience in order to believe it.

The car been through several transformations. For a start, I change the HU. Since I still have my Kenwood double din HU from my old EK. I decided to change it and sell off the ones in the Evo since it's an older model. Then somes the rims. Got hold of a Sparco NSR rims. Balck rims on a black car. Man, it's give the bad boy look a new name. I got the rims from one of the shop in Sunway.


Sparco NSR rims - 2005 (PD trip with MEOC)


Another angle with the Sparco rims -2005


Another angle with the Sparco rims -2005

I gave that rims to Zuhaili after while. Tell you about that later. Then I got hold of a Project Mu rotor. Added some silicon hoses to replace all the old rubber hoses which looks rather pathetic.


Taken at SIC(2005 1st SIC outing)

Off course, it doesn't stop there. I've added more goodies to the car. Profec B boost controller by Greedy and 30mm Tial wastegate.


Tial wastegate & cusco radiator cooling plate - 2005

After a while driving this car. I got the same bug that I got when I used the EK. Wanting something new and furthermore after the lil mishap I had with 7474. I began to feel bored and decided to sell off the car. It's like going back to square one. sine my buyer wanted a lower price. I decided to strip all the after market price I have in the car. Yeah I mean all..

It was sad but it has to be done. To cut the story short again. This buyer of mine is on sorry MOFO. Yeah.. you heard me MOFO. Well, he gaveRM5K deposit whichy is good and ask me to wait like 4 months. Which I endure patiently. Then 4 months past no news from him. After sending him bus load of SMS only then he replied. But with 1001 excuses. The're so lame that a granny can die of a heart attack just listening to him. It's might be a genuine excuses. What pisses me off badly was how he handle the situations. Furthermore, he didn't put enough effort and took me for granted.

So I decided to open the car sale to the public. Put up add in Motortraders and Zth forum as well. Man!! I tell ya. there're quite a lot of interested party but none of them actually have the money to show for. All talk , no action. Infact they were trying to knock the price down so low that it makes the Evo looks like just another proton car.

After giving it a real good thought. I decided to keep the car. This time it's for good. Regrets, yeah a bit coz I done quite a lot and now I had to start all over again. Anyway, check out the new pictures.

Front view - October 2006


Rear View - October 2006


Engine Bay - October 2006


Interior - October 2006


another angle of the interior - Oct 2006

Well, that's the brief history of 7474 and also my rides. Off course, it doesn't stops here. Keep a look out on my latest project. Added a thermo wrap to cover the rubber parts surrounding the manifold. Also what's gone is the factory heat shield underneath the hood.. Since It's falling apart and kinda sight for sore eyes I decided to chuck it away.

No comments: