Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Ma Rides.. Pt 2

Guess you've seen my Gti. It's nothing much to shout about. It ain't a monster. That's the term we used for moded car. ButI tell ya owning the Gti had helped me improved my driving skills and prepared me for the next car I owned.

Anyway, I tell ya. Kids nowadays, they just don't get it. Everyone can own a monster. But not everyone can drive one. My advice to all those young drivers out there. Improve you driving skills first before trying to aim for more power. Life is short, value it. hahahaha.. Looks whose talking.

Anyway, i'm dead serious man.. Okay, enough B/S.. Let's continue with my other ride.


WHF1122 ..


1122 heart

Anyway, after driving the Gti for 2 years. I started to become bored with the power of the car. Imagine, every track day. You gonna get a can of whoop-ass from the V-tec.Man the Honda boys was so fast. That was my thought coz they would over take me as if my car was standing still. At that time I was running like 160kmh. Still gaining momentum.Yet the V-tec just fly-by.

My first thought was, to start modding my car. The only option was turbo chargiing it since my 4G93P engine is a rather old model and there're not much I can do with it. I know for a fact that it I turbocharge my Gti. I would only be fast on the straight. When it comes to the corner. There'll be massive understeer and I gonna loose more speed.

Well, guess there's only one thing left for me to do. Get myself a vtec. I search high and low for an ori EK9. But to no avail. It was kinda frustrated. It's like looking for a needle in a hay-stack. Then one day, my brother forwarded me a link from zth forum.

It was Nazlee's cars aka 1122. I later found out it was former own and build by Jacky (the dude that runs Amoil). Well, the pictures said it all. It was love at first sight. Really.. I fell in love with that car and the fact that it was fast. Furthermore, it has all the mods I wanted to do.


1122 after car wash 1


1122 after car wash 2

Enough going down the memory lane. Here're the mod list.

Engine: B16B head with B20B block, Head ported & polish, balance engine, knife edge & balance crank, Custom oil squirts, Jun type 2 cams (that's b4 I broke the cams), h22a injector, oversized piston, oversized throttle body, Mugen 4-1 header, custom piping, Blitz air filter, custom air-ram, Haltech E6k (stand alone ECU), Arospeed grounding cables

Tranny: Custom Ek9 gearing , Cusco Full lock LSD

Chassis: Stock Ek9 shocks and springs & stock Ek9 front strut bar.

Interior : 100% Ek9

Tyres & Wheels : Bridgestone potenza RE711 & Ek9 5 lugs coversion.


Well, that's all that I can remember. I know there's more. What the heck I can't remember it.
Anyway, when you own a highly moded car. It's comes with a price. You also have a fair share of break down. I had several major ones. Here're some of the list of problems I had.

1). Crack piston : Had to rebuild the engine. Made a wrong choice. It was my fault. Did it in Kamal. Well, the whole process took him almost 3 months. Luckily, I was down with chicken pox. Since I was bed ridden so the whole process doesn't feel that long. Although, I do missed drving my car.

2). Broke Jun2 Cams: This happens right after the car came out from work shop. We suspect Kamal's mechs didn't do the installation properly causing the cam to break. Damage has been dome. Had to source out a replacement cams. Got hold of a DC2 cam.

3). Busted my gear box: This happens right after HCOC track day. My fault, I push the car too much. I draged couple of times with Alwin EP3. I whooped him but busted my gear box in the process The Cusco LSD broke and went through my tranny. It busted my final drive and there was a huge hole at the gear-box casing. Took my car again to a wrong work-shop again. Man, I don't seems to learn my leson do I? So call work-shop that I can trust. Did even a bigger blunder. Took them almost 4 months to get fix. Still with some problems. For a start, the syncro used was a faulty one. Had replace 2 of them which cost me a bomb. In the process I fried my 5th gear.

4). Busted oil squirtter: Man this was mother of all the break down. Because Kamal forgotten to customize a gutter at the piston during installation. It causes the oil squitter to break. When one part in the engine busted it causes a chain reaction.It's like a domino effect. As a result, my engine is stave of oil. It brought down with it my crank shaft, cams and head. Had rebuild it it again at Amoil.

After all the trouble is repaired. Finally I get to enjoy the car. The car isnt as strong as how it used to be but I managed to get about 17+ hp ATW. which is still quite strong. I dragged several times.

Here are some of the stuff i changed. For a start the engine bay outlook. Check out the transformation.


From this..


To this


Final transformation..

No comments: