Thursday, October 26, 2006

Ma Rides.. Pt 4

After driving the Ek for quite a while, not to mentioned the headaches and sleepless night it gave me. I came to a point of ditching the current heart. I guess the lure to the darkside is stronger. Yes!! We're talking turbo charging. The Snail baby!! The thang that makes that swoosh sounds. Thanks to Brandon of TeamRice. I have been quitely keeping that intention.

The main obstacle or hurdles that's in my way is CASH!!. Roughly it's gonna cost me around RM: 2+k. Man that's a bomb!! It's like the A bomb that the Americanos drop on the Hiroshima. After giving it a good thought. i finally decided to go for an Evo. I must admit I'm actually a fan of Subaru thanks to my Idol Colin McRae (former WRC Champion). Anyway, Since we're living in Malaysia and parts for Subaru is kinda expansive. Since Evo also has 4wd Turbo and comes with a tenacious grip/handling. Evo it is then.

At first it's either Evo 7 or 6.5. Again the influence of WRC comes in. We all seen WRC. How Tommy Makinnen used to dominate the WRC in is Lancer Evo for many years. Man, this guy is like god behind the steering wheel. Ever since Mitsu started to use the Evo 7 their performance had dropped tremendously. They are not even close to the Subaru.

There're some things I love about the Evo 7 and some things I love about the 6.5. Let's start with the Evo 7 then.


Mitsu Evo 7

Pros:

1). Being the newer model. There're more aftermarket stuff for this car. I talking about body kit and other goodies.

2). I love the interior. Since I a neat frea. I love my car to look neat. Furthermore it gives you more of a newer model look.

3). Nice Steering. New Momo.

4). The Recaros has beter grip compare to the 6.5.

5). Better handling sine it has the all newly improved ACD (Active Center Differential).

Cons:

1). The looks is too sedate in stock form. You need at least an oversize rims and body kits. Which gonna cost me more money. sine I'm not a rich man. So it's kinda hard. As it it to maintain an Evo gonna cost me a bomb. Let alone to come up with more money just to make it look better.

2). Heard the ACD has some minor problem. It keeps breaking down. Nit sure how true it is.

3). Everyone has an Evo 7. At one point Evo 7 is like Proton. You can see many of them around. Since the price of the Evo has dropped. Many kids and I mean kids are driving one. So where the exclusiveness in driving an Evo.

4). No offence to the Evo 7 owner out there. But i think the Evo 7 looks a bit like Waja. Ahahahaha!!.. Don't you think so?


Mitsu Evo 6.5 TME

Pros:

1). It's a limited edition. Being limited edition therefore it's more saughtafter car. Believe it or not. The TME would get more attention then the Evo 7. People would actually stop to look at your car and say oohh.. Sports car.

2). The looks itself. You don't have to do a lot to make the TME looks nice. Coz It looks pretty impresive in it's stock form. The wide body kit. the Bi spoiler. The ralliart rims. Man!! The looks fast even when it's standing still.

3). Performance. On paper it seems like the Evo 7 has more torque. But i drove my friend's Evo 7 compare to the TME. Somehow it felt slower. The TME's turbo is similar to the one in Evo 8 MR.

4). Love the seats. It has Tommy Makinnen written on it and it's red and black. The TMe interior has that sporty feels. You feel more like in a sports car rather than in a normal sedan car.

Cons:

1). Being older gen Evo. The shops in Malaysia tend to bring less stuff for this car. So not many aftermarket product to choose from.

2). Some parts are hard to come by. Like the body kit. If you knock into something. Man!! searching for the parts gonna give you headache.

3). The seats is suitable to european dudes.. Not small Asian guy like me. Most of the times when I take hard corner. I need to actually braised myself against either the door or the side. Just to support, so that I don't fall off. Man you can really feel the G's man.

Next comes Ari 7474 TME..

No comments: